circles and rings and round things

 Morning Jo.

It's March.  No month is more promising than March. It's unpredictable. Sometimes it's nasty, sometimes sweet. It's the month that promises Spring. Whether or not we see Spring we know that it will happen. We have had a lot of snow this winter and the snowbanks are still very high. But they are starting to melt. The days are getting longer. The air feels lighter.

This week I asked my friend to model a garment that I made in 2018 for Fashion Fallies in Haliburton. I call the garment Forest Guardian. It's made of heavy green velvet and appliqued with many forest animals. E+++ was a great model. 

the Forest Guardian



So Comes Love 2021

This is the quilt that I have on my display wall this month. It's the fifth double wedding ring quilt in my "no end in sight" series. I posted this pic on FB and got a lot of responses. It's made from your ice dyed fabrics and the rings are solids. I love the way the colours interweave and change but still make circles.

I also love the picture of my little house. The black and white floor in the kitchen, the arched doorways and the piece of porch trim that just fit into that space. My little home is warm and welcoming.

One of the things that I have been trying to do, not always successfully, is document my quilts. I am getting much better at it but it's still a work in progress. Today I am making a label for this quilt. I am using one of my collected hankies. The hankies have been collected and folded and kept in a box for a long time. now I am using one to tell the story of this quilt. I am stitching circles first. And I will stitch a poem that I specially love.

Let it all go

the small middling tall bigger

really the biggest and all things

Let it all go Dear

So comes love.

e.e. cummings


On the label I will put your name beside mine. You contributed the beautiful fabric. It's so much fun to work with this fabric. every block is different. 

Hope you have a happy day.






Comments